Noah’s Ark Diaper Cake Instructions
Supplies You’ll Need
• Rubber bands to secure the rolled diapers
• Felt (blue, beige or brown)
• Ribbon (blue or pink)
• Thick cardboard to construct the frame of the Ark (boat)
• Packing tape and scotch tape
• Wooden chopsticks
• Multi-color marker pens
• Glue gun
• Small stuffed animals and/or plastic/rubber animals to decorate Noah’s Ark
• Baby items such as baby blanket, baby bottle, bath toys, bib, booties, pacifiers, rattles, socks
Constructing the Noah’s Ark Diaper Cake
The size dimension of Noah’s Ark will be determined by how large a Diaper Cake you desire but it should be at least two inches taller that the height of a rolled diaper sitting up vertically. The shape of the Ark is also at your discretion. The more items i.e. diapers and baby items you want to place in the hold (inside) of the Ark will also determine the depth of the cargo hold. Search the Internet for different shapes of Noah’s Ark.
• Cut a large square out of the cardboard to act as the base. Cover it with blue felt and secure it with a glue gun. The base will depict the water and the Ark (boat) will be placed on top of it.
• Draw a large circle on another piece of cardboard. Cover it with beige or brown felt using a glue gun to secure the felt to the cardboard. Cut out the circle. Cut the circle in half to make two half circles which will be the sides of the Ark (boat). see diagram below
• Draw a slightly smaller circle on the cardboard. Cover it with beige or brown felt using a glue gun to secure the felt to the cardboard. Cut out the circle. Cut the circle in half to make two half circles which will be the front and back of the Ark. see diagram below
• Assemble the frame of the Ark by attaching the front and back of the Ark to the sides using the glue gun.
• Roll all the diapers and secure each one with a rubber band. Place all of the rolled diapers in to the hold (inside) of the Ark.
• Place small baby items in the hold of the Ark as space allows.
• Construct the deck of the Ark to cover the diapers in the hold from cardboard. Cover it with beige or brown felt and secure it with a glue gun. Place the deck on top of the diapers.
• Make a ladder using wooden chopsticks and color it black or brown and glue to the back of the Ark.
• Make the cargo net in the back of the Ark with strips of brown felt.
• Make a colorful Noah’s Ark sign with colorful marker pens.
• Make a colorful sign with the baby’s name using colorful marker pens.
Decorating the Noah’s Ark Diaper Cake
Decorate the deck of the Ark with small stuffed animals and/or with small plastic/rubber animals.Use colored ribbon where desired. Artemisia's noahs ark diaper cake instructions